Let’s talk about some of the expectations that we didn’t cover from last month’s topic…
Your expectations for life in full-time Christian Ministry have brought some surprises!
These expectations may have included:
- I’m the only piano player? Really?
- I’m the Women’s Ministry teacher?
- I’m in charge of nursery?
- I’m really supposed to dress that matronly?
Your Turn: Give us Your Story!
Anonymously respond to these questions in the “Leave a Reply” box at the very bottom of this page.
Pick one, or all of these expectations (or come up with your own) and go with it! In your story you may want to talk about:
- Your surprises
- The good that came from learning to adapt to them
- Your advice for lovingly and courageously setting the limits on expectations
- Were there completely positive surprises?
- Were you transformed by the surprises?
Don’t forget, here’s how this works…
Each month a topic will be presented. I will give an introduction and an invitation to all of you who would like to respond to the topic. Ask questions. Tell your story. A little bit of crying and bellyaching is allowed, however, there will be limitations. Our goal is to find each other through our discussion of our shared experiences and to encourage each other. God will be with us!
Respond to the topic in the “Leave a Reply” box at the very bottom of the this page.
- Be sure to use only your initials in the section where it asks for first and last name, or give a pseudo-name to keep your identity private.
- Please, don’t give actual names of people or places as you tell your story. Protect. Protect. Protect.
It may be necessary for some editing of your submission to present a concise version. I will work (and pray) through your comment/response and then post both what you contributed and my own comment or response, as well as interaction from “the Sisterhood” I have received concerning it. Nearing the end of each month, I will inform you of the next month’s topic, to give the opportunity for you to prepare.