If you had multiple children, you learned from the unique ways each one behaved in your womb that they were going to be different. Different temperaments, spirits, outlooks. They each lived the fishbowl life their own, individual way.
One child may have absolutely embraced the life of Christian service. That would be the one who enjoyed helping set up and organize the programs. The one who stood beside you or your husband on the platform and helped lead the music.
Then there’s the child who either was too embarrassed to be up front and leading, or who eventually resented the people’s expectations for them to be steward and servant
Give some examples of what you saw or are still seeing in your children concerning this:
- As parent, you have done your best to hedge, (guide and protect) each child. How did you do this?
- How did they respond to your attempts to protect?
- Where are their hearts now, after their life-training in the full-time Christian ministry family?
What Are Your Stories?
Anonymously respond to the prompt in the “Leave a Reply” box at the very bottom of this page.
Don’t forget, here’s how this works…
Each month a topic will be presented. I will give an introduction and an invitation to all of you who would like to respond to the topic. Ask questions. Tell your story. A little bit of crying and bellyaching is allowed, however, there will be limitations. Our goal is to find each other through our discussion of our shared experiences and to encourage each other. God will be with us!
Respond to the topic in the “Leave a Reply” box at the very bottom of the this page.
- Be sure to use only your initials in the section where it asks for first and last name, or give a pseudo-name to keep your identity private.
- Please, don’t give actual names of people or places as you tell your story. Protect. Protect. Protect.
It may be necessary for some editing of your submission to present a concise version. I will work (and pray) through your comment/response and then post both what you contributed and my own comment or response, as well as interaction from “the Sisterhood” I have received concerning it. Nearing the end of each month, I will inform you of the next month’s topic, to give the opportunity for you to prepare.