Aspect Ministries Statement of Faith
While Aspect Ministries recognizes that any statement of doctrine is incomplete at best, the following points summarize our understanding of the Bible’s overall teachings and our commitment to a historic understanding of Christian Faith. Though brief and generic, this statement of faith provides a guide for how we operate as a ministry, how we relate to people in general, as well as serving as a framework for the design and teaching of our curricula. For these reasons, members of the board of directors, staff, and faculty at all levels are required to sign an acknowledgement of agreement with the Aspect Ministries Statement of Faith.
- We believe the Bible to be the Word of God: inspired, authoritative and infallible in its purpose.
- We believe in one God, who exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God the Father is an infinite personal spirit who is perfect in goodness, wisdom, power and love. We believe he concerns himself mercifully in human affairs.
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ: his deity, virgin birth, perfect life, teachings and wondrous works. We believe in his vicarious and atoning death on the cross, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension into heaven and in his future return as Lord of Lords.
- We believe that the human race is alienated from God due to the myriad effects of rebellion, sin and darkness. We believe that individuals may be reconciled to God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God created people to glorify God in attitudes, thoughts, words and actions. We further believe that the ultimate meaning of life is to enjoy God and serve him in the lives of others.
- We believe in the ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit, through whom individuals are regenerated as God’s children, enabled to live for God and to impact the world.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church, which is made up of all who put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe the Church is called to promote the gospel and represent Christ’s Kingdom in the world.
- We believe in the ultimate resurrection of the dead: some to eternal life and others to eternal separation from God.